Eminem’s new single “Not Afraid” scores No. 1 debut on Hot 100
Eminem scored a Hot 100 No. 1 debut with his new single “Not Afraid.” Billboard reports the new track sold 379,000 downloads in its opening week, according to Nielsen SoundScan, which is the fourth-highest first-week total since download tracking began in 2003. The single is the first release from the Detroit-based rapper’s new album Recovery, which is due out June 22.
Overall, there were a lot of new debuts on the Hot 100 chart this week. According to Billboard.com there were two debuts in the top 10 and another five in the top 40 entries for the week.
The other top 10 debut was 3OH3!’s “My First Kiss” featuring Ke$ha. The track dropped at No. 9 on the Hot 100 and is the second collaboration for the artists with 3OH!3 serving as featured vocalists on Ke$ha’s “Blah Blah Blah” which debuted at No. 7 earlier this year.
The rest of the Hot 100 top 10 include:
- At No. 2, “OMG,” Usher featuring will.i.am
- At No. 3, “Nothin On You,” B.o.B featuring Bruno Mars
- At No. 4, “Break Your Heart,” Taio Cruz
- At No. 5, “Airplanes,” B.o.B featuring Eminem and Haley Williams
- At No. 6, “Rude Boy,” Rihanna
- At No. 7, “Hey, Soul Sister,” Train
- At No. 8, “Your Love is My Drug,” Ke$ha
- At No. 9, “My First Kiss,” 3OH!3
- At No. 10, “Need You Now,” Lady Antebellum
Another interesting fact from this week’s chart is that B.o.B, with two top-five hits, is the first artist to place his initial two top five singles as a lead vocalist in the top five since Beyoncé accomplished the same feat in 2003.
Are you playing any of these songs in heavy rotation? If so, which ones?